Thursday, January 5, 2012

Motivation

For a few days, and after endless pointless reflection and half-assed introspection, I've come to a few transitory conclusions.

First, I need to protect my own mental sanity.  I can't go around letting everyone "in" to my personal (i.e. mental) space.  I know there are distinctions to be made here; suffice it to say that I still have to protect my own sanity, even if there are costs to it

Second, more importantly, I think that genuine interest and curiosity is way more compelling than fear and lust and status.  Why not be motivated by our own interests and not feel guilty about it?  Somewhere deep down we've got a voice that says we've got to feel bad if we have pleasure.  I muzzled that little pipsqueak, nailed him down to the floor, and whatnot.

Third, we need not and cannot plan out our lives all the time we're living them.

Fourth, ambition has drastic personal, almost abusive, costs. But never underestimate how ambitious people are regarding being non-ambitious (this always gets me excited).

Fifth, there's a train coming for me at 8:47, and if I'm going to make it, I simply must iron my pants and shirt, assemble them on the body that takes me along everywhere.  There's simply no excuse for going to work naked, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment