Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grandma

Just had a conversation with my grandma. She lives in florida, is 75 years old, and is a wise ass. I love her very much, as if love could happen on different levels of intensity.  Of course, I wish that she could be closer at times, but I know, now, that I'm blessed with a good family (at least on that side).  I'll always remember when first introducing my wife to my mom, step-father, mother's parents and my uncle (mom's brother), cringing at the thought of them all pecking at her apart, and maybe on a deeper level, of her discovering how truly dysfunctional I was, in my genes so to speak.  But it turned out that my now wife thought they were all quite normal and supportive and that my family loved her back.  Funny how that works.  And how I could think they were all monsters.  Anyway, I'm lucky to have a supportive family (on one side), even if they don't know how to support everything about me (who would?), and I feel good about that, for what it is worth.  I don't need to complain about them.  They do what they can, and that, in the long run, turns out to be quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment