Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sugar and Mood.

Well, I'm going to stop eating refined sugar, to the extent possible.  And what is possible is that I can cut out all unneccessary sweets from my diet at least, stop adding sugar to my tea or coffee, and basically undo my own self-inflicted association with sweets and release.  If I can do that, then I think my tolerance for sugar will come way down, and I'll recognize the presence of sugar in my food much more than I do now, and I'll generally be much healthier.

Two reasons for doing this.  One: primarily mood.  I'm fairly convinced that excessive sugar intake makes me like complete shit later on in the near term future. Two, health: let's face it, my grandmother (who died when I was in high school) had major insulin-type issues, of which I'm only now becoming aware.   So, best to ween myself off this stuff before it becomes all consuming.

I'm bound to be irritable, but I'll be clear that I will eat a lot of food, just not highly refined sugars.  Which also means that I'll watch refined flours, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment