Monday, February 13, 2012

Finding Peace After Death.

Is thinking about life after death a way to get around the very real incentives of life?

Personally, I've worked up all sorts of frothy justifications for acting a certain way because a certain event is going to happen in a year or two.  And I wouldn't have tried to act that way if I didn't have that event in my mind (i.e. I'll be leaving this town/apartment/relationship/school in a year or two).   So I do think that we justify all sorts of behavior in ourselves that we wouldn't otherwise justify if we start to think about a glorious change in the future of our lives, and that thinking about finding peace, or going on some sort of fantastical vacation, after death, is unfortunately, a very real way to become exactly the type of person you (or I) currently despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment